Breakfast Paleo Pizza
Author: Stacy and Macy Date Posted:16 March 2017
Cooking Tips: To get the most out of your kiwi fruit, chop the end with the stem off (Only chop as far as you need to as you don't want to lose too much flesh. Take a teaspoon and push it down the side of the kiwi, between the skin and the flesh. Once you have pushed it to the bottom of the fruit, spin the fruit around a full rotation. Remove the spoon and squeeze the bottom of the kiwi and the flesh will pop out!
Training Tip: Try to create internal torque in your hips when you set up for a squat. You can do this by screwing your feet into the ground, pushing your heels out and driving the toes in (think pigeon toed but keep your feet in the comfortable position they're used to). If you are performing this correctly you will feel the medial hamstring (inside on the back of the leg) activate.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
BREAKFAST PALEO PIZZA
Now you can still enjoy pizza without all those extra carbs. With this recipe for Paleo pizza crust, everybody can enjoy pizza party!
Prep time: Serves: 4
Ingredients for the crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Ingredients for breakfast pizza
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. To form the pizza dough, lightly beat the eggs and coconut milk in a bowl. Add in the coconut flour, baking soda, and seasonings and mix into a smooth batter.
2. Spread the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using a spatula to smooth into either a circle or rectangle. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven. Carefully flip over.
3. While the crust is baking, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Reserving the bacon fat in the pan, set the bacon aside to cool and crumble into pieces. Barely wilt the spinach in the leftover bacon fat.
4. Add toppings to the baked crust. Start with bacon, tomato, spinach, and scallions. Carefully crack eggs onto the crust. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake for 12-15 minutes more, just until the egg whites have set. Slice and serve warm.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.