Pork Cabbage Rolls
Author: Matty and Stace Date Posted:5 December 2016
Cooking Tips: To optimise the juice you get from a lemon or lime, roll it hard under your palm for a minute before juicing.
Training Tip: For a better grip on the pull up bar, be sure to hook your pinky knuckle over the bar. This moves the hand higher on top of the bar and allows the hand to grip and manoeuvre around the bar better.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Coming up with new meal ideas can be challenging… The Chief Life have done the work for you and found healthy and nutritious recipes to share with you each week. This is an easy recipe that is gluten and dairy free and can be served on a bed of roasted or stir fry veggies to balance your macronutrient ratio, give you an Asian twist and keep you feeling satisfied after eating rather than looking for those after dinner choccies.
Pork Cabbage Rolls is a must try for all vegetable and meat lovers! It is ground pork wrapped with cabbage.
Course : Dinner / Cuisine : Paleo, Primal / Servings : 4 / Cook Time : 40 minutes
- 10 Savory cabbage leaves
- 1/2 lb Ground pork
- 1/2 Onion (minced)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Almond meal
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Chicken broth
1. Put the cabbage leaves in a large bowl. Pour boiling water into the bowl, covering the cabbage. Let it set for up to 5 minutes then removed set aside to cool.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, add the pork, onion, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, vinegar, almond meal, and egg. Use your hands to combine the ingredients.
3. Form 10 meatball-sized pork balls and set aside.
4. Place one pork ball onto the center of one cabbage leaf. Fold the sides of the leaf over the ball and tuck them underneath. Repeat with remaining pork balls and cabbage leaves.
5. Pour enough chicken broth into a stock pot to reach about 1-inch deep. Carefully place the cabbage rolls in the stock pot.
6. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and turn to medium heat. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Serve immediately.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.