Stacey and Matty 12 May 2017
Cooking Tip: Avoid making a purple sticky, stained, mess when trying to separate the fruit from the skin with a pomegranate. Simply cut the fruit in half and leave it to soak in a bowl of water. The fruit will rise while the skin sinks. This will either free the fruit or loosen in for removal!
Training Tip: Getting Shoulder Pain? Shoulder pain is a common injury/niggle that we see throughout gyms. By simply strengthening your chest and lats you can help reduce this pain. Finding movements that allows you to activate these muscles with out upsetting your pre-existing injury can be hard however it's never impossible. Get to work on strengthening these 2 muscle groups and your shoulders will become, and stay unstoppable!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Well, here’s a better, probably the best, Italian Meatballs recipe. Aside from it’s delicious taste, it is Paleo. And you already know what that means. These are healthy and guilt-free meatballs.
The classic meatballs are made with beef and pork combined together with garlic, onions, salt and black pepper. It’s easy to make and quick enough for your starving tummies.
Prep time: 45 minutes | Serves: 4
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the beef, onion, garlic, almond flour, paprika, and salt in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
3. Form into 2-inch meatballs and lay on a baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil and coat with the Italian seasoning. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through.
4. To make the greens, cook the bacon a large, deep skillet until it starts to brown. Add the greens and stir to coat in the fat.
5. Add the broth or water to cover the greens and turn down to low. Let the greens simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat until greens are tender. Serve the meatballs over the greens.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.