Stacey and Matty 11 August 2017
Cooking Tip: Turmeric is a super food that has been getting a heap of attention recently... And so it should. There are thousands of studies being done on turmeric that are proving just how damn good it is for the body! For instance turmeric decreases plaque build up that may be responsible for Alzheimer's. This is only one benefit, however you can find thousands more by googling 'turmeric pubmed'.
Use turmeric to flavour kombucha's, juices and tea's, to cook with and/or make yourself a turmeric latte!
Training Tip: When bracing, people oftne think about pushing their belly out to the belt. Instead place your fingers on your obliques (muscles on side of torso. place between hip bone and bottom ribs) and learn to push out to the side or into your fingers. So rather then pressing your belly out or forward we want to lock the obliques in by driving out to the sides with the stomach muscels!
PRIMAL BARBEQUE CHICKEN WINGS
Finger lickin’ ding dong dang goodness - Primal BBQ Chicken Wings! These have just the perfect amount of kick (provided by the rub and sauce combined. If you like em HOT add more spice or Tabasco!
Prep time: 30 -40 minutes | Makes 36 pieces
1. preheat oven to 180 C/350 F
2. once the wings have been jointed, and rubbed in Mo’s rub, place them (neatly) onto baking sheets and then into the oven
3. bake for 10 mins, turn each piece and then bake for a further 10 mins
4. remove one tray from the oven, and using a silicone brush, coat one side of each wing joint with Epic BBQ Sauce
5. return the tray to the oven, and do the same with the other tray
6. after the sauced wings have been baking for about 3-4mins, remove from oven, turn each one and coat the other side with the delicious sauce
7. repeat with second tray
8. return to oven for 3-4mins to complete cooking and caramelize the sauce a little
9. place wings onto a warmed serving platter with some extra BBQ sauce on the side.
10. Enjoy with celery sticks and blue cheese dip OR a side salad
11. Now, go ahead and make some for yourself, and JUST TRY come back and tell me that wasn’t fun to eat!
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.