Dark Chocolate Chia Pudding
Author: Stacey and Matty Date Posted:15 June 2017
Cooking Tip: To remove the bitterness of certain greens such as kale, let them sit in a bowl of ice cold water. Let them sit for about an hour before removing for the best outcome!
Training Tip: If you don't already place stretching post workout. Stretching is a great first step to recovery. Stretch the relevant muscles to workout that has just been completed. For instance if you had skipping in your workout you'd want to stretch your calf muscles. When stretching we recommend utilising a deep breathing pattern, 4 second inhale and 8 second exhale to be exact. Deep breathing will allow the belly of the muscle to relax and get an optimal stretch.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Dark Chocolate Chia Pudding is so easy to make for an every-once-in-a-while treat.
Prep time: 1 hour | Cooking time : 5 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1-14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 oz dark chocolate (80%+), chopped
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder or cacao
- Pinch sea salt
- 5-6 tbsp whole chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, chopped dark chocolate, cocoa powder, and salt.
2. Warm the milk until until it just starts to simmer and add the chocolate. Keep stirring until the chocolate is completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds and vanilla, stirring constantly. If you just dump the chia seeds in without stirring, they’ll glob up into a big gelatinous ball.
3. Pour the pudding into small serving cups and refrigerate for at least an hour, until the mixture is very thick.
By Steph of Stupid Easy Paleo
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Matty and Stace from The Chief Life are driven to educate and assist you with your health, nutrition and fitness related goals. They are both CrossFit coaches, have heaps of skills with nutrition and Stacey is a Dietitian with almost 10 years of experience. If you want to know how to get the most out of yourself through quality nutrition, we can help! Head to thechieflife.com for more info, to get in touch or to order your personalised meal plan or training program. We create the plans so all you have to do is make it happen! “Stop thinking about it and go be about it”.